Did you know we offer free childcare at Art+Feminism events?
Childcare is a feminist issue. As feminist organizers, we are pleased to offer free childcare at our event. For the Frick Fine Arts Library event (March 5), our offering is staffed by professionals and conveniently located across the street at the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh’s Children’s Department.
Of course, the idea of leaving your kids, even briefly, can make a lot of parents nervous. That’s why we wanted to introduce you to our childcare providers. Please read on for a message from Ashley and Bekki, two professional nannies, below. And don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions at any time.
A message from our professional childcare providers
The childcare team for Art + Feminism want you to feel at ease while you’re supporting a great cause like the Wiki Edit-a-thon.
When you drop off your child, you will be asked to fill out a short form giving us the information we need to be able to reach you should any concerns arise. You will also be asked to sign a waiver.
We are two highly qualified childcare professionals with diverse experience. Currently we provide our expertise as private nannies. As such, we understand the unique need to support families so they can enjoy opportunities to contribute to causes they believe in. Providing this service for Art+Feminism volunteers is our way to further the cause.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us. We’d be happy to speak with you about any concerns over the phone or in person.
– Ashley and Bekki, childcare providers (Frick Fine Arts Library March 5 only)
- Available 10 am – 1 pm (Story Time 11 am, offered by library staff)
- Location: Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh, Children’s Department
- Authorized list of pick-ups
- ID required upon pick-up for safety
- Register (link below) in advance (please include relevant medical information)
About our providers:
- 10+ years experience
- FBI Fingerprint clearances
- Child abuse history clearances
- Criminal background check
- First aid and CPR training